The Autrans ski resort and the Alpine domain Méaudre includes 16 alpine ski slopes. With 600 m of difference in altitude, 2 chair lifts for 4 people and 8 chair lifts. The 26 snow cannons and the location of the ski resort, allow good snow coverage throughout the winter.
A dynamic ski school, a quality beginner area and entertainment throughout the season make it a ski resort town where life is calm.
Layout and location of the Autrans ski resort
Located in Isère (Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region), in the northern sector of the Vercors massif, affectionately called “Les Quatre-Montagnes” or “Le Val d’Autrans – Méaudre”. Near Grenoble (40 km), also near from Valence and Lyon, the Autrans – Méaudre ski resort in Vercors attracts families and beginners thanks to its ski area with soft terrain and mountain architecture.
Within the Vercors Regional Nature Park and surrounded by mid-altitude peaks of La Sure, Bec d’Orient, the summit of Plénouze and La Molière. The ski area offers 35 trails in 2 separate accessible areas with the same forfait (Autrans – La Sure and Méaudre – Village).
The Nordic area of Autrans – Méaudre en Vercors offers 200 km of trails. One of the most important places in Europe for cross-country skiing, Nordic walking, dog sledding and Nordic Walking in the snow.
The Autrans ski resort is especially suitable for children in winter and summer. A special place with numerous activities and entertainment proposals are really dedicated to them:
– Halte-Garderie les Bout’choux (multiple reception center located in “La Truite”, 2,5 km from the village of Autrans, for children from 3 months to 3 years old).
– Children’s workshops during the school holidays for children from 5 to 12 years old (handcrafts, painting, clay, postcards, DIY, modeling …)
– Animation program aimed to children (puppet show, children’s theater, games, sports tournaments, creative workshops…).
Slopes full of trails
The Autrans-Méaudre ski area in Vercors offers 35 trails (3 black, 8 red, 9 blue, 11 green, 2 crossed and 1 off-piste trodden route). With 2 separate areas accessible by the same forfait (Autrans-La Sure is located 10 minutes from town, accessible by car and public transport; and Méaudre-Village).
In total, 18 ski lifts (3 chair lifts, 14 ski lifts, and 1 ski lift for children) serve the slopes between 1050 m and 1650 m altitude at the top of La Sure (1600 m at the top of the Méaudre-Village domain) .
Claret’s Olympic trampolines at Autrans also allow you to learn safely in this discipline that requires a sense of balance, coordination and commitment.
Finally, two areas for beginners are suggested to learn to ski with easy lifts and green trails: the Châtelard sector in Méaudre – Village and the Autrans – La Sure snow front. The offer is rounded with:
– A biathlon stadium.
– Ludiparks: Nordic workshops where kids and adults can discover the joys of Nordic skiing and work on its balance: blows, potholes, crosscross, slalom …
– 127 km of marked snowshoe routes, including the Autrans – Méaudre section (9 km) of ViaVercors, which stands out for its wild side.
Practice cross-country skiing at Autrans
The profile of the alpine domain is characterized by wide slopes drawn in the forest, mainly intended for beginner and intermediate skiers, with a majority of green and blue trails. Keep in mind that some red and black trails are only recommended for experienced skiers, due to the type of route and the sensations that are obtained.
Nordic France certified site, recognized for the quality of its facilities and its slopes. The Nordic Autrans – Méaudre en Vercors area is gigantic. Offering 200 km of intertwined, groomed and trodden slopes for skiing and snowboarding, alternating between plains, forests, ridges and hidden valleys. The ski resort organizes the famous “Foulée Blanche” (Nordic ski marathon included in the calendar of the Long Distance World Cup, the FIS Worldloppet Cup), with 25 trails of all levels. Some slopes stand out in the Autrans-Méaudre en Vercors ski area:
- On the Autrans side: La Sure, with the red trail ”Chatelans”, accessible from the entrance via the ”Sure” ski lift: a fun playground for experienced skiers (especially after a recent snowfall, an unpretentious slope). The black “Chevreuils” track, which looks more like a red one, is accessed through the La chair chairlift and offers a suitable environment for enjoying speed.
- For beginners, there is a wide variety of options. However, the blue “Marmottes” trail, that goes through the Crêtes ski lift is completely worth it: wide and zigzagging throughout the eastern half of the area, it allows you to make snowplow without much concern.
- On the Méaudre – Village side, the Gonçon and Forêt chairlifts open onto beautiful and wide tracks in the woods. The red slopes “Gélinottes” and “Gamuza” form a true boulevard with almost 600 m of altitude. At the same time, the merge of the blue slopes “Ecureuils” and “Chevreuil” offers the same experience, this time for intermediate skiers.
Autrans snowparks and play areas
A must-to visit, the panoramic route on the peaks of Molière accessible by the La Quoi chairlift (for a fee) or by the Gève – La Molière link (12 km). A special place from where admire a magnificent panorama over the entire chain of the Alps. To glide differently, the village resort Autrans – Méaudre en Vercors offers:
– The Domaine de Glisses Ludiques d’Autrans located in the Claret sector near the town. The “Diverty Events” track and its dedicated chairlift offer many original sliding possibilities: sledges linked together for a more lively group descent, large buoys to descend on the slopes but also sleds with skates.
– 1 boardercross at Autrans – La Sure accessible from the Mortier ski lift with a winding course, steep turns, potholes and freestyle modules.
– On the Méaudre – Village side: 2 boardercross (along the blue “Gélinote” and “Chevreuil” trails, as well as a marked off-piste route (the Cerf route from the top of the domain to the very base of the Forêt chairlift).
A must-to visit, the panoramic route on the peaks of Molière. Accessible by the La Quoi chairlift (for a fee) or by the Gève – La Molière link (12 km). A special place from where admire a magnificent panorama over the entire chain of the Alps.
The multiple reception center “les Bout’Choux” is an associative nursery center that welcomes children from 3 months to 4 years. A specialized multidisciplinary team offers a variety of sensory, creative and imaginary games. Children also take advantage of the large garden to have fun in the snow.