Montgenèvre, located on the French Alps, is the most italian of all the french ski resorts. They organise the French Championship of Firefighters from the 28th to the 30th January 2016.
The ski resort Montgenèvre is considered on the 5th largest ski domain in the world: the Vialattéa. The french region of Briançon and the lovely mountains in the surroundings form a beautiful scenary.
The Championship gathers around 600 firefighters from all over France to take part in two different ski disciplines: it would be the 22th edition of cros-country skiing and the 25th edition of alpine skiing.
For the first time, this year both disciplines will be gathered on the same Championship. This year, they organize the “Firefighters Week” from th 23rd to the 30th January, on the theme of Prevention and Mountain Rescues. The firefighters and their families will be able to enjoy many offers : special discounts on the ski passes, on the accomodation, on the equipment rental, on the restaurants, etc.
The program of this weekend is very detailed.
Thursday 28th January 2016:
- From 12h: Participants reception on the Village.
- Afternoon: Animation (Great Airbag…)
- Around 19h: Opening Ceremony of the Championship, mulled wine, desccent of the firefighters and arrival to the Village.
Friday 29th Januray 2016 :
- 9h : Giant Slalom M/W + 15h : Slalom Paralel (on los clasificados en el Slalom Gigante)
- 18h : Relay race with cross-country- Between 400 and 600m at the foot of the slopes.
- After the competition: Awards ceremony, mulled wine and fireworks
Saturday 30th January 2016 :
- 9h : Cross-country Race 5km, 10 km and15 km M/W
- 9h : Slalom Special M/W Awards ceremony + appetizer-
This sporting and social event is organised by the Firefighters National Federation and the Firefighters of each French Department, the Hautes-Alpes region and Montgenèvre ski resort. ILOVESKI wishes good luck to all the participants!