This ski mountaineering race has become an institution over the years and it will take place on an exclusive itinerary in the Valley of Valentin, joining up with Gourette‘s skiable domain through a secured aerial corridor.
Besides the sporting aspect, organisers Michel Strub and Francis Doux want to share this discipline with everyone, safely and with the spirit of mountain’s conviviality.
Ski mountaineering race in Gourette Race
A brief sum up of La Gourettoise : 2 routes : 1 for expert competitors with 1600m of climbing (single or duo) / 1 for beginners with 1000m of climbing (single or trio).
- Equipment : Avalanche transceiver + shovel + probe + helmet (loan possibility)
- Registration and information : Tourist Office Gourette (05 59 05 12 17)
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Numbered bib’s reclaim from 7am on 6th April at ESF (French Ski School)
- Race departure : 8.15am
- Prize-giving ceremony : 12pm